The procedures involved in the procurement of evidences in truck accidents could be complex in nature. This might be due to the massive structure of the trucks and the intensity of injuries caused by the collision with them. The investigations to establish the evidences need to be supported by specialist medical experts. Their testimony in the court of law could be expensive for the claimant (at least until he receives the compensation).
Evidence Procurement Steps
The lawyer from Parker Waichman office get involved in the process of investigation after the claimant appoints the expert. He visits the spot of the accident and conducts an initial analysis. If no changes are made in the site after the accident, he may request the court of law to issue an order maintaining the status quo until the investigation is complete.
- The lawyer might take the help of a forensic specialist for collecting the pieces of broken/splintered objects and vehicle parts (of the truck and the victim’s vehicle). He might also take the blood and tissue samples from the site.
- Mapping and marking of the victim’s physical position after the accident is an important step which might help in determining the liability of the defendant and the negligence of the claimant.
- Taking samples of victim’s clothes,, items carried, eye glasses worn (If any) etc.
- Checking the physical condition of the truck driver and the victim during the accident is another important investigation procedure for evidence collection. Blood test report of the truck driver and the claimant can determine whether one of them or both were driving under influence.
- The next step is to take photographs / video recording of the accident spot. This could include interviewing the probable witnesses who were present at the time of accident. The lawyer follows a pre determined procedure according to the law.
- The passengers in the car driven by the victim may be interviewed and their statements recorded. Interviewing the other passerby witnesses might reveal the incident details as seen by third persons.
- Copy of the driving license and the registration details of the truck are collected from the truck driver causing the accident. An authorized personal injury lawyer will be legally entitled to have access to these details.
- Details about the driving history and previous accidents/traffic rule violations by the truck driver are collected by the personal injury lawyer.
- Analytical reports about the condition of the truck and its functional parts (brakes, tires, clutches and gears etc and maintenance history are created based on the information obtained from the involved truck driver. The authorized lawyer will have the legal rights to interview the truck driver with special permission from the court of law.
Specialized Personal Injury Lawyers
While searching for personal injury lawyers you can consider their specialization in the truck accident field. Success rate and the number of cases handled so far can act as pus points. Read through the reviews and feedback from the existing clients in the social networks to find the best,